LOOK AFTER YOUR SPRAY GUN PROPERLY AND IT WILL LAST!
We have heard all the horror stories, of companies that tell you they can’t help you with the problems with your spray tan guns OR only help you when your gun packs up ONLY when you buy their solution – THAT’S just not on! We are all about SERVICE!
This is just one of the ways WE can help you! Most problems that occur with spray tan guns are due to a lack of proper maintenance. So we are here to HELP you. We give you advice and also can service your gun for you.
So how do you care for your gun – properly?
1. It is important to clean your Spray Gun daily.
2. At the end of the day or when the equipment will not be used any more, disconnect the Spray Gun from the air hose.
3. Carefully unscrew the cup. If there is remaining solution, either close the cup with a lid, or pour the remaining solution into a proper storage container.
4. Rinse the cup under warn running water until clean.
5. Turn the gun upside down and allow warm running water to run into the plastic tube, pull back the trigger and allow the water to flow out of the nozzle. Continue until clear.
6. Fill the cup about ¼ full with AIRBRUSH CLEANER. Reconnect Spray Gun to Air Hose. Turn on the Turbo Unit. Direct the Spray Gun to a safe area and spray the AIRBRUSH CLEANER through the Spray Gun until the cup is empty and until the Spray becomes CLEAR.
7. Turn on the Turbo Unit. Disconnect the Spray Gun. Unscrew the cup.
8. Start to dismantle your gun.
9. Unscrew and remove the Air Cap Ring (#1). Rinse the threads under warm running water. Wipe, the threads and dry. Add a small amount of Spray lube to the threads.
10. Remove the Air Cap (#2). Rinse under warm water. Wipe clean, Dip into AIRBRUSH CLEANER and dry and lubricate with Spray Gun Lube.
11. Remove the plastic air plate (#5) Rinse under warm water. Wipe clean.
12. Reinstall the three pieces you just removed by reversing the removal procedure. Your Spray Gun should be ready for the next use. Store the Spray Gun in the holder on the holder.
13. Perform the Daily procedure then continue:
14. The solution nozzle ( #3) can be removed for additional cleaning if necessary. Be careful. There is a solution nozzle gasket (#4) around the threads of the solution nozzle. Be sure to reinstall or leakage will occur. Rinse under warm running water, take a cotton bud dip it into gun cleaner and clean inside the threads. DO NOT USE ANYTHING METAL as it will scratch the threads or nozzle and this will cause leaking.
15. The solution nozzle (#3) can be easily removed with an adjustable wrench or spanner. Place the tip of your adjustable wrench or spanner on the two flat areas of the nozzle and twist anti or counter clockwise.
16. The Solution needle (#10)To remove: Turn the Solution flow screw anti clockwise or counter clockwise until it comes out of the Spray Gun. Be careful when removing the solution flow Screw as there is a small spring (#9) around the needle. Do not loose it. This is important to the operation of the Spray Gun. Set the spring aside and pull the trigger all the way back until you can grab the needle with your finger tips and pull it out from the back of the Spray Gun. Once removed, rinse under the warm running water, dip into AIRBRUSH CLEANER and dry. Add gun lubrication to the needle. Simply rub a small amount of Spray Gun lube around the needle shaft and reinsert into the back of the Spray Gun Reinstall reversing the removal procedure..
HVLP Gun/Airbrush Cleaner
Specially formulated to breakdown and remove tanning bronzers and residue from Airbrush/HVLP tips & nozzles.
Using tanning bronzers in your airbrush can leave a build-up of residue that, overtime, can clog spray tips and interfere with the operation of the airbrush. Solaire's Airbrush Cleaner is specifically developed to breakdown the residue left in your airbrush tip or spray gun nozzle.
Please Note: Additional cleaning and maintenance will need to be followed to keep your equipment clog-free and in proper working condition. For additional instructions on cleaning and maintaining equipment.
Daily & Weekly Gun Cleaning Videos Below:
Watch the Video below for a detailed explanation of gun function and cleaning.
Trouble Shooting Gun Issues Video